Stay tuned here to the latest breaking news and alerts from the Town of Jerome. Subscribe today using the link below and have News & Notices, and Alerts delivered directly to you via email and or text! Just another way we are working harder to better serve our community.
STAGE 1 WATER RESTRICTIONS TO CONTINUE
September 27, 2022
MANDATORY WATER RESTRICTIONS IN EFFECT MAY 1 – SEPTEMBER 30th OF EACH YEAR ARE CONTINUED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Article 13-9 of the Jerome Town Code provides that Level 1 water restrictions go into effect automatically as of May 1 each year and continue through September 30, requiring certain water conservation measures. These restrictions are going to remain in effect beyond September 30th and continue indefinitely during the period of time while one of the Town’s primary water tanks is under repair.
Continuing until further notice, the Town is operating under “Demand Reduction Strategy I – ‘Water Alert.’” Per the Town Code, this strategy mandates the following:
- Water shall be conserved both inside and outside the home or business using best practices available to minimize waste. No person shall waste water.
- Outdoor water use shall not occur between the hours of 9 AM to 5 PM.
- Vehicle washing shall only be undertaken with a bucket and hose with a shut off nozzle or other water saving devices such as a pressure washer.
- Cooling of outdoor areas with water or misting devices is prohibited.
- Restaurants shall serve water to customers upon request only and shall display table tents or other types of public notice to this effect.
- Construction projects shall use only reclaimed water or effluent or supply their own water for on-site use and dust control.
Once the need for “Demand Reduction Strategy I” no longer exists, we will immediately post the reverting back to normal operations. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
- Brett Klein, Town Manager