Article 13-9 of the Jerome Town Code provides that Level 1 water restrictions go into effect automatically as of May 1 each year and continue through September 30, requiring certain water conservation measures. These restrictions are going to remain in effect beyond September 30th and continue indefinitely during the period of time while one of the Town’s primary water tanks is under repair.
Effective January 12, 2023 the requirements of Strategy I - "Water Alert" - have been expanded. Changes are shown in red below.
Continuing until further notice, the Town is operating under “Demand Reduction Strategy I – ‘Water Alert.’” Per the Town Code, this strategy mandates the following:
- Water shall be conserved both inside and outside the home or business using best practices available to minimize waste. No person shall waste water.
- Outdoor water use shall not occur between the hours of 9 AM to 5 PM. Outdoor water use shall be limited to two hours per day between the hours of 5:00 PM and 9:00 AM.
- Vehicle washing shall only be undertaken with a bucket and hose with a shut off nozzle or other water saving devices such as a pressure washer.
- Cooling of outdoor areas with water or misting devices is prohibited.
- Restaurants shall serve water to customers upon request only and shall display table tents or other types of public notice to this effect.
- Construction projects shall use only reclaimed water or effluent or supply their own water for on-site use and dust control.
- Daily water usage is limited to 900 gallons of water per meter unit, per 24-hour period. The only exceptions to this limit are restaurants and hotels with more than four rooms made available for lodging.
Once the need for “Demand Reduction Strategy I” no longer exists, we will immediately post the reverting back to normal operations. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
- Brett Klein, Town Manager