- Dept & Gov
- Code Enforcement
- Public Safety
- Public Works
- Municipal Court
- Mayor & Council
- Boards & Commissions
- AZ Open Meeting Law
- Public Records
- Upcoming Meeting Agendas
- Meeting Minutes
- Town Codes
- Town Budget and Audits
- Miscellaneous Public Records
- Public Records Request
- Forms & Fees
- Contact Us
FACE MASKS NOW REQUIRED IN JEROME - June 23, 2020
THE JEROME TOWN COUNCIL HAS ADOPTED AN EMERGENCY ORDER REQUIRING THE WEARING OF FACE MASKS IN JER... [more...]
WE NEED YOUR HELP! - June 10, 2020
JEROMANS! It is CRITICAL that we are all counted in the 2020 Census! Our funding levels rely on... [more...]
Stage II Fire Restrictions in place - May 15, 2020
Jerome fire Department is implementing Stage II fire restrictions as of May 15th 5:00 PM in the T... [more...]
Access to Town services during Town Hall closure - March 17, 2020
Jerome Town Hall (600 Clark Street) will be closed to the public from March 18, 2020 unti... [more...]
COURT SECURITY OFFICER – Part Time
Under general direction, performs work of routine difficulty in maintaining the safety and security of the Court and court personnel.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Screens court visitors; patrols building, facilities and grounds; provides a visible, armed security presence; operates metal detectors, and hand-wands to detect concealed weapons and hazardous objects; prevents unauthorized access to restricted areas; interacts with difficult and/or belligerent persons to diffuse situations peacefully; carries and safely controls court-approved and issued firearms and/or other defensive weapons.
• Responds to emergencies and implements emergency procedures when appropriate and as directed; responds to medical emergencies to summon assistance and monitor situation.
• Identifies potential security/safety concerns and notifies the presiding magistrate; prepares and submits reports on security incidents.
• Performs or job-related duties as assigned.
• To perform all duties in a competent and professional manner.
• To remain current in knowledge required to perform assigned duties
• To keep court users safe from internal or external harm.
• To develop and maintain effective working relationships with all court users.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing and communicate orally in a face-to- face setting with public and employees.
Minimum Qualifications Experience:
One year of relevant, responsible court security, law enforcement, military, private security or closely related experience.
High school diploma or GED.
Other Skills, Preferences Interpersonal Skills:
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the Town for the purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, making reports, or soliciting cooperation.
Knowledge of the principles and practices of court security, methods and techniques for providing safety and security, and the provisions of providing emergency services. Knowledge of safe and lawful handling and use of firearms and defensive weapons. Knowledge of defensive tactics and application of non-lethal weapons for controlling volatile situations. Proficient skills to make good observations, recall facts, and maintain a security awareness of the courthouse facilities. Ability to evaluate and respond to security problems in a swift, effective manner, and with appropriate actions.
Must complete the Court Security Officer Academy within 6 months of hire. Must comply with the Arizona Code of Conduct for Judicial Employees and Arizona Committee on Judicial Education and Training (COJET) yearly accreditation is required.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Typically performs duties within the Town Hall environment. Must have the ability to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time. Performs work that requires good physical strength and condition to apply restraining techniques, defensive tactics, react to physical confrontations and emergency situations, may lift and/or carry people, supplies, equipment and/or other heavy, bulky items. May be exposed to potential physical harm, infectious diseases and/or physical violence; may be required to physically restrain persons, and effectively deal with stressful and potentially life-threatening emergency situations.
Preference will be given to candidates who have a valid AZ Guard Card or are AZ POST or retired law enforcement.
The Town of Jerome is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candace B. Gallagher, CMC
Town Manager/ Town Clerk